Friday, July 31, 2009

My Friend Mark!

I can live for two months on a compliment! - Mark Twain
One of my all time favorite authors is Samuel Clemens who is better known by his pen name… Mark Twain!

Born in Missouri in 1835, many consider Mark Twain to be the father of American literature.

He gained widespread fame and celebrity for books such as “Innocents Abroad,” “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” and “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.”

Mark Twain passed away in 1910 but his wit, satire and words live on today. His perspective on recognition and praise is amazing and can teach everyone some very basic lessons on how to live and work with one another!

For the last several years, my colleagues and I have finished many a presentation with Mark Twain’s famous comment “I can live for two months on a compliment!”

My good colleague Louise Sa has gathered a number of Mark Twain Nuggets and I’ll post one a week under the heading “My Friend Mark!”

I hope you enjoy and learn from them!

0 comments: